Terms & Conditions
(1) Introduction This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
(2) Intellectual property rights Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
(3) Licence to use website You may view, download for caching purposes only and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below. You must not: (a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website); (b) sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website; (c) show any material from the website in public; (d) redistribute material from this website.
(4) Limitations of warranties and liability Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer (or elsewhere on our website) will exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Subject to this, our liability to you in relation to the use of our website or under or in connection with this disclaimer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited as follows: (a) to the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature; (b) we will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage; (c) we will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information.
(5) Variation We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. The revised disclaimer will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised disclaimer on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
(7) Law and jurisdiction This disclaimer will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
(8) Our details You can contact us by email using the contact form at https://www.landedhouses.co.uk/contact/
Landed Houses membership entitles your property to a listing on our website, www.landedhouses.co.uk. A listing will enable visitors to our website to view information about your property and, should they wish, proceed to your website and/or contact you directly. The precise format of the listing may change over time as the site is redeveloped, however the aim is always to present information in the clearest possible manner.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information that describes your property, including any photographs. It is incumbent upon you to periodically check the information for inaccuracies and no liability is accepted on the part of Landed Houses. No liability is accepted to either website users or members.
The membership period is one calendar year and usually runs from either the date you joined the website, or the 1st August for properties that were listed with Landed Houses prior to 2013. Landed Houses reserves the right to alter membership prices without notice and prices are available on request. Future payments, where collected by direct debit, may be cancelled in advance and your membership will be terminated when the next payment is due. Members with an active direct debit in place are treated advantageously in the Landed Houses search results, so please do not cancel it.
Pro-rata membership fee refunds will only be given where Landed Houses fails to make your listing publically available within 48 hours of being notified of a system error. In the event of system abuse, inappropriate content being displayed on a listing or the poor treatment of Landed Houses guests we reserve the right to cancel membership without notice or refund. By submitting payment for membership these Terms and Conditions are fully accepted.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance, we are therefore committed to safeguarding your personal information. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This statement describes the personal information we collect, how it is used and shared, your choices regarding this information and applies to any users of our services. Any reference in this statement to information or personal information is to “personal data” as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are we?
We are Landed Houses, a business run by Edmund Cohen, a sole trader t/a Landed Houses. All references to “we” “our” “us” or “company” within this statement within this statement are deemed to refer to Landed Houses. The contact address is: Landed Houses Worlds End Studios 132-134 Lots Rd Chelsea London SW10 0RJ Telephone: 020 7183 1011 Email: email@example.com
For your reference the data controller is Landed Houses. The Data controller representative is: Edmund Cohen, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information we collect
We collect the following categories of information:
1. Personal information you provide
For example, this information may be collected when you:
- Contact us about any of our services
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Enquire about, book or review a holiday or other service
- Communicate with a house
- Respond to an enquiry
- Enter a competition
The type of information we collect from you may include your name, email address, phone number and postal address. If you are looking to let a property with us it may include your property name, property location and current letting status.
2. Information created when you use our services
The following types of information are created when using our services:
Site management information
Server logs are collected to monitor technical errors, aid diagnosis and other system activity which may include your device & IP Address.
So that we can continually improve our service to you we record session information. This data includes booking information, any searches performed and saved, houses viewed along with dates and times for each. It may also include non-personally identifiable information such as your IP address and customer ID, along with your device information such as operating system with browser or app version as applicable.
We use analytics tools to understand how users find, move around and interact with our websites and apps to continuously improve and optimise our service.
Cookies and third-party technologies
How we use your information
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with the services you requested and those which we believe will improve your experience with us. We may use your information in the following ways:
Providing services and features
- Show you recently viewed properties
- Understand your onsite behaviour so that we may personalise our marketing service to you
- Verify your eligibility for any products, promotions or services we offer
- Provide guest or user reviews on our website
- To assist you when you contact us
- Monitor and improve our services
- To perform functions and services otherwise described to you when we collect your information
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to gain better market insights, improve and enhance the safety and security of our services and to develop new features and products. It also enables us to track the performance of our website and the content within it.
Communications between users of our services
We use the information we collect to enable users of our services, including guests, and parties we contract with (such as property owners) to identify one another and communicate. For example, a guest may contact the owner of one of our listed properties prior to their holiday to arrange a late arrival or an owner may contact the guest after the holiday if belongings have been left in the property. Emails sent between users of our services are stored and may be monitored to improve our services.
Marketing communications & advertising
We may communicate with you about our products, services, promotions and news or, where applicable, relevant third parties’ services. We may also provide you with relevant advertising and content about our services through third-party providers as well as tracking the performance of this advertising.
We may use or share your information with third parties to verify its accuracy.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Information sharing and disclosure
We always treat your data with sensitivity and keep it secure. At times we share your information with others where it is either necessary to perform our services to you, where we are required by law to disclose information or where you have given your consent to share information. Other parties that we share your data with include:
Guests and property owners or managers
When enquiring about a stay we are required to share your message and details (for example your name and telephone number) with the owner so that they can respond to you. Communications sent between guests and property owners are shared with the opposite party and may include personal information. The messages are also stored and may be monitored to improve our services.
The general public
When you submit content through public forums such as blogs and social media, any personal information provided in such forums is done so at your own risk as voluntarily provided by you.
Our Service providers
In order to perform or market our services to you, we may provide information to our service providers who act on our behalf, such as mailing houses, research firms and companies offering marketing services/tools. The information we provide will always be limited to that which is necessary for them to fulfil the service they provide us and where we do so, we have appropriate agreements in place to ensure your information is kept secure. If one of our service providers is based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
We may share your personal data with our trusted business partners, such as consultants and marketing partners. We do this where we believe we have a legitimate interest, which has been balanced with your interests, or where you have given your consent for us to do so. We will not share your information with any other organisation for their own direct marketing purposes, without your specific consent.
With relevant authorities
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute we may share your information when required or allowed to do so by law.
With your consent
We may share your information other than as described in this statement if we notify you and you provide your specific consent for this purpose.
Safety and security
We know how much data security matters to all our customers and we treat your data with the utmost care. We adopt best practices and operate secure data networks protected by industry-standard firewall and password protection to safeguard personal identifiable information. Sensitive data such as payment card information is secured by SSL encryption. Any session requests to our servers are monitored to detect and prevent any suspect activity, fraudulent behaviour or site attacks.
Choice & transparency
You can opt-out of certain marketing communications through the following means:
- Email: By following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each marketing email. Please note that if you do opt-out, you may still be sent any non-marketing messages that are required by us to provide our services.
- Post: By following instructions from within the mailing itself or sending back to the sender address.
Please remember that if you change your preference it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
Objecting to profiling
We profile using personal information to analyse performance and better personalise advertising and marketing communications. We do not profile in any way that will put you at a disadvantage. We do not profile in any way using sensitive information (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation). Please contact us if you would like to object to this.
How long we keep your data for
We will only keep personal data for an appropriate period of time for the purpose(s) for which we are using it. This period will vary and be dependent on our contractual and legal requirements.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with the personal information we may hold for you and what we are using this information for. This is known as a “Subject Access Request”. You also have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Upon receipt of such requests, we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, but at least within one month. If you believe the personal information we hold for you is incorrect, please let us know and we will rectify this as soon as possible. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us email@example.com. If you are not happy with the manner in which we have used your personal information you have the right to complain to a statutory authority, in the UK this would be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
On our websites you will find some links to external websites. Once you have left our website, our responsibility to you at Landed Houses ends. Please check the privacy policies on other websites.
Updates to this statement
We monitor and review our privacy statement regularly. If we make significant changes we will endeavour to notify you through the website or through others means, such as email.
Types and Purposes of Cookies
The table below shows the categories of cookies and why we use them. 3rd party cookies are not an exhaustive list and are intended for illustration.Analytics cookies: We use analytics tools to understand how users find, move around and interact with our websites and apps. We use the information gathered to compile reports and to help us improve our service.Site feature cookies: To improve your experience we use these cookies for features such as saving your favourite properties to a wishlist, remembering your recently viewed properties, understanding your current email marketing preferences and helping you to pick up where you left off if you need to restart a booking.Third-party service cookies: Some site features and services are managed by external companies, for example sharing tools, social media or video content. These companies may drop cookies on your computer if you are already logged in to them or when you interact with them.
Web browsers are generally set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. However, they are an important part of how our services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.