- Large Houses
- Montacute Court
Montacute Court, Somerset, BA22
An impressive Grade I Listed village house dating from the medieval period, with 13 bedrooms, four main reception rooms, 7 bathrooms, set in beautifully landscaped gardens.
The entrance has electric gates leading to a beautiful walled front garden with circular driveway with plenty of secure parking. There are stunning landscaped gardens to the rear and side of the house and large sun terrace and enclosed hard tennis court.
Open the huge oak doors and you will find yourself in the flagstoned entrance hall, left is the beautiful panelled winter drawing room with lovely antique fireplace, this leads onto the large summer drawing room which has ample seating another huge fireplace. It is a triple aspect room overlooking the gardens. This large room with beautiful elm floorboards is the perfect place to congregate with family and friends.
The other side of the hallway leads into an impressive dining room with inglenook fireplace and a dining table seating 20. The adjacent kitchen has a large range cooker, American style fridge, plenty of cupboard space and a kitchen table seating eight.
Beyond the kitchen you will find the beautiful south facing conservatory with a large table and bench is filled with beautiful blue and white cushions capable of seating 12. This opens onto the large terrace with swing seat, barbeque, outside dining table, and sun loungers.
BEDROOMS and BATHROOMS
1. Double bedroom overlooking the church. King size Vi-Spring bed
2. Family bathroom with bath and shower over.
3. Twin bedroom overlooking the church.
4. The den. Up a spiral staircase you will find the den. It has two single beds but no window. It is not strictly speaking a bedroom but it is a fun place for children.
5.Family suite 1 Master bedroom suite with four poster bed.
6.Adjacent bedroom with two full-size single beds (which is ideal for children) en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath
7. Very large double bedroom with Hypnos bed and en-suite bathroom
8. Very large twin bedroom with two single beds and beautiful views over the gardens. Bathroom next-door
9.Family Suite 2 0Very large double aspect room with tester bed. En-suite bathroom.
10. Single room sleeping 2 with slide under bed.
10. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath
11. Double bedroom with luxury multi-jet shower next door
12. Bedroom with for single beds ideal for children sharing both next-door
13. There is a double sofa bed in the winter drawing room.
ADDITIONAL ROOMS AND FEATURES
First floor – A large sitting room Overlooking the gardens an ideal place for a quiet read or cosy chat
Second floor – large games room with seating area on television and the table and chairs for board games. We also intend to install a table football or similar.
Ground floor – boot room with WC
Ground floor – Game Store an ideal place for push chairs and supermarket deliveries.
Second staircase with single person lift, for those who find the stairs hard to manage. There are 2 steps into the lift and level access on the first floor. Although there is no charge for using the lift, it’s not available unless booked in advance and there is an additional £50 security deposit for the key.
The house has several acres of gardens with many interesting plants, and lawned areas. A large eight-seater hot tub, private tennis court, fire pit, BBQ, swing seat, luxury sun loungers, single and double. Garden table and dining chairs, garden pond with fountain, peony garden.
Be the first to review this place!