- Large Houses
Llanfendigaid, Rhoslefain, Tywyn, Gwynedd, LL36 9LS
The Llanfendigaid Estate has been owned by the Nanney-Wynn family and their forebears since the earliest records began in AD 1241. An estate map from 1780 shows that the original estate stretched along the Welsh coast from Harlech in the north to Aberystwyth in the south. However, since the collapse of many of the great British estates in the 1920s, Llanfendigaid Estate has gradually reduced in size to a much smaller patch in the Snowdonia National Park on one of the most attractive stretches of the Welsh coastline.
Llanfendigaid assumed its present form in 1746 having been a classic Welsh Long House prior to this date. The stable block containing Stable (1892) and Dove (1995) Cottages was built in 1868. The Cow Shed, which is a conversion of the old cow shed completed in 2015, is very old and is contemporary with the original house.
We have four exceptional properties available, three of which are listed by CADW as Grade II* which is only given to historic houses of exceptional interest and quality. All properties have been listed as 4 Star by Visit Wales and the main house sleeps 17 people. All properties have shared use of a 28′ x 14′ indoor heated swimming pool.
The local area around the southern end of Snowdonia National Park is particularly attractive with beautiful beaches, precipitous mountains and lots of history including the famous Great Little Trains of Wales and the highest concentration of medieval castles anywhere in the world.